((PRI 16S9-100 = 'Starking Delicious' x PRI 610-2) (Williams et al. 1984)
- Fruit: Variable size and shape: 64 to 76 mm (2-1/2 to 3 in.); round or short-conic to long-conic; green-yellow to pale-yellow ground color, very bright, glossy finish; washed 75 to 100% medium red, very attractive; fine grained, cream colored, firm to crisp, yet slightly tender flesh, texture varies from year to year; sweet to mildly sub-acid, somewhat bland, pleasant flavor, very juicy. Quality peaks soon after harvest Fruit hangs on the tree well. Annual heavy cropping. Initial tests on dwarfing rootstocks have shown tendency for watercore.
- Season of Maturity: With 'Delicious'.
- Tree: Moderate vigor, slightly upright with wide, strong crotch angles, and thick, heavily spurred branches; semi-spur type, desirable growth habit.
- Disease Resistance: Field immune to apple scab; highly resistant to powdery mildew; highly resistant to cedar-apple rust; highly resistant to fire blight. Shown to be sensitive to Stem Pitting and Chlorotic Leaf Spot viruses. Prone to "measles" caused by boron deficiency/acid soil conditions.
- Problems: Mediocre flavor, variable fruit size, shape, and year to year quality; insufficient storage-life for season: in most years becoming tender, mealy, and unpalatable by mid-December in refrigerated storage; poor color development inside tree canopy.
- General Recommendation: Problems too severe for further consideration. Discarded at Lafayette.
Co-op Summary Table
Co-op Bloom Date
Co-op Release Description