Purdue Master Gardeners...
Growing Through Leadership
As a certified Purdue Master Gardener, you've learned about gardening and home horticulture and teach those subjects in your community.
Now's the time to take the next stepóLearn to be a leader
In five weeks of training you'll learn about:
- Your own personality type and those of others
- The nature of leadership and how to communicate
- Working with others and managing conflict
- Running effective meetings and leading groups
You'll learn from independent study and evaluation, group activities, online training, and real-life applications.
You'll complement your horticultural knowledge with the skills and confidence that will take you to the next levelóleadership to help your organization, community, or county grow.
For a sample training schedule, click here
Purdue Master Gardeners...Growing Through Leadership incorporates independent study, group activities, webinars, and "real life" applications.
What we expect from you . . .
- Apply through your County Master Gardener Coordinator
- Pay a registration fee of $60.00
- Have access to a computer and high-speed Internet service to view online modules
- Attend all five, three-hour sessions
- Participate in group discussion and activities
- Complete all assignments
What you can expect from us . . .
- A Purdue Master Gardeners . . . Growing Through Leadership Certificate upon successful completion of the program
- Personal growth as a leader
- The confidence to share your new understanding of leadership development with others
- The ability to use your leadership skills in service to Purdue Master Gardeners and your community
If you want to learn more about growing through leadership, contact:
John Orick, Purdue Master Gardener State Coordinator
Department of Horticulture and Landscape Architecture
625 Agriculture Mall Drive
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2010